Saturday 27 October 2007

Bloggeritis


I'm here!

See told you if there is a bit of blank space I'll fill it! But don't worry there's still lots left for Jackie and anyone else for that matter!

I think I have bloggeritis. I have to blog - I think of it as relaxation, some see it as the last thing they would want to do to relax but hey, we're all different.

I will try to keep on the theme of crafts but can't promise I won't wander a little now and again.

So maybe we could start with our little crafting foibles? Those 'things we do' that are slightly eccentric or indicate that we are a tad strange. We all have them, and over time I have come to realise that us crafters have similar ones, although there is often the odd one that is REALLY wierd.

I will start us off with mine - which has often been a source of merriment between those (you know who you are!!) long time crop members! Pens and straight lines - there are probably others that you will remind me of no doubt.

Pens - I lerve pens, any pen except a blue biro. I will tolerate a black biro but only if there is nothing else around. I prefer fine liners, but also like gel pens. I have too many pens to mention, and usually have most of them with me in my tote. My most special pen is a solid silver Yard-o-Led that was a 40th birthday present, but like Basic Grey papers, I tend to stroke and drool over it rather than use it.

Straight Lines - I have an issue with circles and lines with curves - especially in scrapbooks. If you have read my own blog (click on tismee2) you will see another of my foibles mentioned and understand where this one comes from. Once I was asked to do a circluar album and had nightmares over it. I get that twitchy - it looks 'untidy' feeling. Sometimes my 'advisors' at the crop suggest putting my photos slightly skew on the page. They may as well be running fingernails down a blackboard as it would have the same effect.

Ok I know I'm going on a bit so will leave it to the rest of you out there to add your own foibles as comments and stop me feeling like I'm an unusual person.

Gail

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew it would'nt take you long to journal here - its your forte.

I too like pens but not ask much as you, pencils are more my love as you an erase what's rubbish.

I'm also a straight liner, have tried wonky but it always turns out rubbish, cannot do all this arty stuff either, I'm much too technical for the throw it on the page and hey presto a fantastic layout, I much prefer the ruler style.

Question - why do I have to tidy my Studio (craft room) before I pack for the crop, and then have to tidy up again once the bag is packed. Then start all over again when I get home - sometimes I wonder.

Jackie