Sunday 30 May 2010

Journaling Prompt for May

I find May an exciting month. We can finally wave goodbye to Winter and see Summer is well on the way. My garden is full of exciting surprises as each of my trees and bushes bloom starting with the huge magnolia that I grew from a tiny stick. The lovely sunny weather this month has made up for all the bad weather and the late start of Spring.

Tempting fate I went up to Scotland for the first bank holiday with my husband’s motorcycle club. It was an exciting and challenging weekend. As ever adventurous, my husband took us up some very steep and winding roads topped with some spectacular views. Record something adventurous in your journal something you have done lately or perhaps in the past. Take a challenge and use something unusual in your layout.

We won a bottle of wine in the evening quiz while we were away. Have you ever won anything? Do we have any secret lottery winners out there? Perhaps you have won something that you could use to complete your layout this month.

I’ve just taken some photographs of my daughter today on her very last day at school. These will sit alongside the photos I took of her very first day. What a change in what seems such a short time. This could be a good opportunity to make a journal entry comparing how time moves quickly and how things change.

For those who are art journal fans try using collage this month building up a picture from magazine, newspaper or other pictures. Bring the elements together using inks or paints and perhaps some rubber stamping.

Happy journalling .... Chris & Jac

No comments: