Monday 4 October 2010

Jounaling Prompt for September

September seems to be a month for preparations. Preparing for my daughter to go to college for the first time, preparing for her first driving lesson, preparing the garden for winter and preparing the stuff for the 12 hour crop. What have you been preparing for this month? I managed to get down to the Harrogate papercraft show and came back with some new stash so I’ve been playing with it since. For the first time I’ve done some gilding..Try to incorporate something new into your journal pages this month.

For those that are art journaling I’ve been playing with ways to give texture to my pages. Try using ink and paint through stencils. They don’t have to be scrapbooking stencils, I’ve used alphabet stencils, sequin waste and plastic canvas for needlepoint and all give really good results. If your stencil has large holes you need to make sure you apply the ink or paint dry. If the stencil has smaller holes like the needlepoint canvas you might need to water the paint down a little. Don’t forget that the paint left on the top of the stencil can be used on pages to transfer the reverse image.

Chris and Jackie

No comments: